Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Career Shadowing

The career I want to pursue is Business. My career shadowing took place in the Mutual of Omaha. At first, I did not know where this place was, but I did recall the name. When I got there, I recognized the building. I went in and inside it was nice and people were everywhere. I meet up with my person and we started to talk about what this business was about. I was interested in all she was saying. It is not just a typical insurance company like it is thought to be, but it has many benefits. The Mutual of Omaha has helped in many situations. She told me that it is great place to work at and that maybe in the future I will consider working there. She told me what they offer and I think that I might go and apply there. After, we went to the auditorium to hear an Olympic swimmer named Josh Davis, a three-time Olympic medalist. I liked his presentation because he was funny and very inspiring. By the end, he passed out to the public his medals so they could see them. The gold medal that I saw was big and heavy, but it was amazing. After the presentation, I got a tour of the building. It is very big filled with great sites. It has a gym, many food places, a bank, laundry room, a dome, and many other things. When it was time to leave, I got her business card and I am sure going to keep it because I might need it in the future. Overall, I liked it and I hope that it was not my last time going there.

No comments: